Robert Dillner, Jr.
Birthdate: November 29, 1969
Hometown: Huntington, NY
Residence: Concord, NC
Hair color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Shoe Size: 13
BD's 51 Favorites
1. Vacation Spot – New England & Sonoma, CA
2. Store – Cabela’s
3. Bible Verse – 1 Corinthians 13 (chapter)
4. Car Owned – 1965 Chevrolet C10 Pickup Truck w/ 327 c.i. engine
5. Short Track – Islip Speedway (closed) Five Flags Speedway (current)
6. MLB Team – Boston Red Sox
7. NFL Team – New England Patriots
8. Restaurant – DiRaimo’s Pizzeria in Huntington, NY
9. Song on the Ipod – Watching You by Rodney Atkins
10. Television Show – House Hunters (my wife makes me watch it)
11. Movie – The Harry Potter series
12. Advice Ever Received – Lead as God would want you to lead from Pastor Jason Rains
13. Advice Ever Given – Treat Others as You Would Want to Be Treated (Golden Rule)
14. Drink – Orange Soda
15. Snack – Ring Dings
16. Smell – Anything my wife burns in the Scentsy
17. Childhood Memory – Camping in Herkimer, NY
18. Household Chore - Laundry
19. President – Ronald Reagan
20. State - Maine
21. Movie Seen in Theatre – Days of Thunder
22. Thing to do on a Day off – Cut the Grass
23. Broadcaster/Sports Announcer – Ken Squire
24. Breed of Dog – English Setter
25. Dream Car – 1967 Ford Mustang
26. Dream Truck – 1964 Ford F-100
27. Environmental Sound – Roaring Creek
28. Ice Cream – Vanilla w/ Chocolate Sprinkles (boring)
29. Moment as a Parent – Meghan Giving Commencement Speech at High School Graduation (but there are many)
30. City to Visit - Boston
31. National Sporting Event – Daytona 500
32. Summer Olympic Sport - Swimming
33. Winter Olympic Sport - Skeleton
34. Book – Let ‘Em All Go! By Chris Economaki
35. Way to Spend a Summer Evening – Go to the Ballpark w/ my Famly
36. Way to Spend a Winter Morning – Sledding w/ my kids (not often in NC)
37. Quote – “Hang on to memories, but live in the moment – we never know what’s going to happen down the road.” – Tony Dungy
38. Movie Line – “She likes me for my body.” Mater from Cars
39. Thing Kept in the Chest/Trunk – Richie Evans Memorobilia
40. Breakfast food – Ham, Egg & Cheese on a Poppy Seed Roll from a deli on Long Island
41. Season - Autumn
42. Room in the House - Bedroom
43. Holiday - Christmas
44. Road Trip Memory – My Brother and I attending our 1st Snowball Derby
45. Role Model – Tony Dungy
46. Leisure Activity - Fishing
47. NASCAR Paint Scheme – Donnie Allison Hawaiian Tropic #1
48. Hat – Denim Hat w/ Dale Earnhardt #3 that I wore as a camera man in the 90’s
49. Candy – Hershey’s Chocolate Bar
50. Cookie - Snickerdoodles
51. Number – 51!
What things in life give you the most joy?
Watching the kids excel at whatever it is they love to do, seeing a last-lap pass at a racetrack, the Red Sox and Patriots winning
and long-talks with my wife (she thinks I’m sappy)
What things in life make you angry?
People that pick on others for no reason and two-faced people
When you were a child or a teenager, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Racecar driver or a Forest Ranger
Special or silly talents/abilities you had growing up or still have?
I can make sounds like a trumpet playing with my mouth (makes some people laugh)
What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
What is your favorite genre of movies?
What was your worst job and why?
Cook at Burger King – got too many pimples and gained a little weight in the short time I worked there
If you could write-in one person for the President of the United States who would it be and why?
Mike Huckabee – has the smarts, morals and business-sense to know what this country needs.
Describe the worst vehicle you ever owned.
1984 – Olds Cutlass Four-Door with a 6-cylinder engine – only bought it cause it had low-low miles and was super cheap – no power and as ugly as can be
What was your favorite job during high school or college?
DJ for college radio statio
What was your favorite childhood toy?
Matchbox or Hot Wheels cars I repainted into the racecars I loved
What do you order at McDonalds?
Double Cheeseburger – no pickle, no mustard
If you had to go into the witness protection program what new name would give yourself?
Steve Evans – combination of one of my fav driver’s names and a great broadcater’s name
What do you do when you feel sad or depressed?
Get quiet, don’t eat and do housework
Did you ever have any nicknames growing up? What were they? Who have them to you?
Tiger – Dad
Dillner Cow – Kids in school because I drank so much milk
Dill Pickle – 4th grade class and Kenny Wallace
Bobby Stixx – College radio station gave it to me cause I was skinny & it sounded cool (at the time)
What was the most memorable event you ever attended?
The 1978 World Series with my Uncle Fred at the old Yankee Stadium
What’s the most serious injury you have ever had?
Concussion, but I’ve broken every finger (except thumbs) working on race cars and playing ball
What are your pet peeves?
Road rage and people that have power trips
What is your favorite vacation memory?
So many with the kids & Angie – but as a child it would be camping in Herkimer, NY
Who was your favorite teacher?
Bill Baird – New York Institute of Techonology – Journalism